Why use vouchers?
If you prefer not to make payments online, or you want to buy a gift for someone, you can buy vouchers that can be exchanged on the site for PayAsYouGo credits.
Where can I buy vouchers?
You can buy vouchers online or by mail order from the bookshop at The National Archives (new window).
The National Archives – UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8876 3444
Minicom: +44 (0) 20 8392 9198
Website: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk (new window)
You can buy vouchers by mail order from the Guild of One-Name Studies (new window), and from My History (new window)
Guild of One Name Studies
14 Charterhouse Buildings
Tel: 0800 011 2182
Website: www.one-name.org (new window)
5 Mexborough Business Centre
Tel: 01709 586758
Fax: 0870 166 6702
Website:www.my-history.co.uk (new window)
We also have hundreds of local stockists, which include local libraries and archives in the UK and throughout the world.
Find your nearest stockist (new window)
How do I activate a voucher?
Once you have bought a voucher you’ll need to activate it via our sister-site, findmypast.co.uk. The credits can be used on both sites.
To activate your vouchers:
- Register on 1911census.co.uk to create your account, if you haven't done so already
- Sign out of the 1911census site
- Go to findmypast using the link at the bottom of the page. Sign in to findmypast.co.uk using your 1911census sign-in details
- You will be taken to the ‘Welcome back’ page, where you will see a link at the bottom-left of the page called ‘Activate vouchers’ (new window)
- Click on this link and follow the instructions to activate your voucher; your credits will then be added to your account
- Sign out of findmypast.co.uk
- Sign back in to 1911census.co.uk. Your credits will be displayed towards the top-right of the screen, and are ready to use.
From the UK: 020 3326 4700 From outside the UK: +44 20 3326 4700
Can I spend the credits on my voucher anywhere else?
Yes, credits can also be used on our sister site, findmypast.co.uk (new window), where there is an extensive collection of family history records.